1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Mixtures?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BotetourtBoy3, May 25, 2007.

1. BotetourtBoy3

BotetourtBoy3 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if my line trimmer takes a 40:1 mixture and my blower takes a 50:1 can i use the same 40:1 fuel mix on both the trimmer and blower? or do i have to mix 2 different cans of 40 and 50.
  2. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I use 50 to 1 in all the 2 stroke stuff, no matter what the individual pieces call for.
  3. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

50:1 should be fine in both.
  4. taxesblow

taxesblow LawnSite Member

If I had a piece of equipment that called for 40:1, then I would not run any less oil. I would run the 40:1 in both.
  5. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

40 to 1 but in everything
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

same here 40/1 in everything
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The machine doesn't know the difference.

My own procedure which is time tested and works 100% for me in all my 2 cycle stuff is AMSOIL SYNTHETIC 2 cycle oil mixed at 80:1.

Never once had an engine problem. No excessive smoke, cleaner burning, higher power, no clogged screens or plugs.
    I use it in Lawn Boy 6.5hp wb, trimmer, BR600 and EBZ8000 and Stihl chainsaw. Just took a Husky 140b blower out to upgrade to Stihl but the Husky still runs strong after 10 years.
    Graduated marks on the bottle, easy to mix. No I am not a dealer, just telling you what works for me. Have a great weekend.