Fuel/oil Ratio

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Metalgear, May 31, 2002.

1. Metalgear

Metalgear LawnSite Member

My Redmax 6200 Blower requires 32:1, But my Shindaiwa T-230 requires 50:1. It seems that all manufacturers are going to 50:1 and I would imagine this is to satisfy the govt. on emissions. Aside from emissions would it be OK to run both at say 32:1 or 40:1 for sake of convenience (one fuel container)? Would'nt want to burn anything up !!! Your opinions are appreciated !!

2. MTS2357

MTS2357 LawnSite Member

Use two cans. Mark them well. Fresh gas and oil, in the proper ratios, go a long way in giving you the best chance for long tool life.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

One 8oz bottle of Amsoil 2 stroke oil in a 5 gallon can yields a 80 to 1 mix. Use it in all of your 2 strokes and forget about the different ratios. Your engines will run better, longer and cooler.

4. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Richard is right. Use the 100 to 1 Amsoil but mix it 80 to 1. I have been running it in everything. You'll have virtually no build up in the exhaust ports, runs better and no smoke. I was scared to run Amsoil in my 2 strokes but have had no problems. Been using it since around 1982.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Amsoil is the way to go. I have run 100:1 in everything for 6 years and still have all the equipment. Nothing to worry about.