Fuel Price Projections

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by elmo1537, Jan 7, 2007.

1. elmo1537

elmo1537 LawnSite Member

I am looking for anyone that has information or a website I could look at that has the projected fuel prices for 2007. I am trying to figure out cost and fuel is one of the biggest ones I need to figure out.

I am not looking for a bunch of people guessing the highest it will get but actual numbers.

Thanks in advance
  2. lordmaximus240

lordmaximus240 LawnSite Member

dont have a website for you....but our transportation engineer, thats our guy at work with a six year college degree to go with his six figure income, has corporate pojections. They are pojecting gas at 3 dollars a gallon by july with diesel running 25 cents higher. The calculations show a decline into december with an end of year at about 2.50 a gallon with diesel staying 25 cents higher. These are the projectons used by the transportation industry in which I work my full time job. take it for what you will
  3. lordmaximus240

lordmaximus240 LawnSite Member

these numbers are for the southeast us they have to be adjusted for other regions and factors such as tourist traps and large metropolitan areas. so take what you are paying now and go up @ 67 cents and thats what you will be paying in july
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Based on where you live you can expect to pay around $3.50 a gallon by mid July. Here in IL they said we could see prices as high as $3.00 a gallon but more likely in the $2.65 a gallon rate. Last year around here we hit $3.29 a gallon.
  5. K&M Lawn Care

K&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Here is what the government forecasts

6. elmo1537

elmo1537 LawnSite Member

So if i projected 3.50 a gallon for regular unleaded and 3.75 for on road diesel I would be pretty close?
  7. K&M Lawn Care

K&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Well, looking at the governements short range forecast, it looks like you projected kinda high. Just looking at this years projections and comparing it to last years numbers, the government is expecting average prices to be a little lower than last year.

Those are of course average numbers for the entire country and I don't know how your area compares to the rest of the nation. Here we are generally about a dime lower than the national average.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The last two years with high price spikes have been anomolies. In 2005 you had Katrina, in 2006 you had various different little world crisis that drove the price up. Barring some unforeseen crisis I think you can expect it to rise the historical average of around 30 to 35 cents for the summer. Give the oil companies an excuse and you will see it go up 50 to 75 cents. Give them a serious crisis and all bets are off.
  9. elmo1537

elmo1537 LawnSite Member

Last year in mid august we were looking at prices around 3.30 a gallon for regular unleaded.
  10. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Remember though Elmo, the Democrats have the House influence now, and soon they will have the next President, so gas will level off, maybe decline a little compared to what we have seen with Bush in office and the Republican House