Fuel prices in your area???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman250, Feb 9, 2003.

1. lawnman250

lawnman250 LawnSite Member

Filled up my 3/4 ton Dodge truck tonight, couldn't believe the prices I saw. Diesel fuel is $1.799/gallon and unleaded regular gas is $1.599!!!!!
    Diesel went up $0.30/gallon in the last 5 days, and unleaded regular gas went up $0.18/gallon!!!! The man at the station said both are going higher in a few days. Are prices doing the same thing in your area?

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Was 1.39 then went to 1.69 then to 1.74
    All in 2 days

3. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Noticed that Diesel was up to $1.83/gallon...didn't quite catch the others

payup

4. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

1.55 for gas, can't remember what diesel is.

5. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

$1.68 unleaded here. Prices went up .20 in two days.

6. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Unleaded is US$2.70 a gallon here
    Diesel is $2.20

7. gas 3.31 /gal 0.885/litre cdn

Local gas station love my 4-5 mpg ford 351

:angry:

Canadian money or american money, price for mowing or plowing are the same both side of the border, so our gas is very high. May be we have gold in it...I'll look closer on the next fill.

8. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

If prices stay this high for much higher, I think I will be sending out a letter stating that prices will be higher this year for this reason amoung others, but this is something that everyone can see and is much easier to justify. Liability insurance is something few can justify since clients never pay for that themselves. (Unless they have their own business which it too has increased) I'm sorry, 50%+ increase in the price of fuel is a hard one to swallow, even if 2-3% expense is normal for the industry. It is much worse for the small(er) companies who still depend on owner labor for the large part of their productivity. Sure am glad my new truck is a diesel.

9. JVS

JVS LawnSite Member

It's only going to go up...so why are guys still charging under $40 per cut?

10. MY PUPPY

MY PUPPY LawnSite Member
    from mass.

Here gas went from $1.45 a gallon to $1.69 in just 3 days.