1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Prices

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grassrootsinab, Sep 2, 2005.

1. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

Gas went up last night again. Was at $0.95/litre (about $3.60 Canadian/gallon). Went up to $1.13/litre ($4.27/gallon). Good thing we've only got about 4 weeks of real cutting left before the grass goes dormant. Hopefully it'll drop after the long weekend. Sorry to gripe about an ongoing issue but dang...how's a guy to make a profit. I already up'd my prices this spring. I don't think I'll raise again until next year... not much point with only a month left.

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

i feel your pain brother, this year is a wash. it leaves me in a fogg about snowplowing prices for the upcoming season. bottom line is people are going to have to pay and thats that.
  3. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Diesel here hit 130.09 a litre. Been around 124c for six months.Unleaded gas has jumped about 35c a litre in that time.
    So about $5.20 a gallon

One litre = 0.2641721 gallon [US, liquid]