1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fuel prices

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by detailed lawn care, May 21, 2008.

1. detailed lawn care

detailed lawn care LawnSite Member

Anyone adding surcharge to customers? If so how much?
  2. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

i am fixing to raise my prices 2 or 3 dollars per yard but alot of my customers gave me a raise without me asking.
  3. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I've gotten a $5.00-$10.00 bump from 50% of my customers so far. They initiated the raise.
  4. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

we raised our prices 2-3$ already. but the d*m prices keep going up so we are going to have to raise again the price is really starting to hurt How much longer is someone going to pay for our services when it is cheaper to get there own mowers and do it themselves. Gas no longer jumps a few pennies now it is in 10 cents increments 87 costs 3.95 gallon and diesel is up to 4.85 when is it going to stop. come on pretty soon our food is going to cost to much to truck it to the stores. they say they just found oil in the mid west but they dont want to tap it and use our own oil well they should start.
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't fuel surcharge - but rather just add another $5 per estimate on all out-of-the-way customers. Gas has gone up another 0.60-0.75 here since the beginning of the season for peats sake!