1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

fuel stabilizer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Mark Cook, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Mark Cook

Mark Cook LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I know I need to add stabilizer to my lawn mower but what about my weedeater & blower?

Thanks

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, do it all. Use Stabil, avilable at Walmart, K-Mart and auto places. Makes for 1 pull starts in the spring.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

use echo or stihl mix. its a proven product and the stabilizer is already in the mix.

4. Diesel

Diesel LawnSite Member

y'up, either drain it or use stabil in everything. I do both depending on equipment and have not had any problems.

5. G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE

G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE LawnSite Member

We use fuel stabilizer ,All year long, When our cans are empty we add more.Dont have to worry any more about , start ups.

6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never used Stabil.
    I use good quality fuel in all my equipment.
    Never had a problem.
    I dont see a need for it at all. :cool:

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Sammy,stabil is for long term storage,in a plastic tank or can,good quality fuel will degrade in as little as 2 months.My stuff may sit from december until april sometimes.I do not use it all year if im running the equipment regularly,but in mid november,ill put it in my 5 gallon premix jug,and fill the mower with it,since the end is coming near as far as running it goes.

8. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

How do you know your fuel is fresh. plus you may not ever have a prob but if you do it is a pain to clean out the system.

9. hertelbr

hertelbr LawnSite Member

Definitely use it in the 2 cycles, the carburaters seem to gel up faster with the oil mix.

-Brandon

10. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

I never used it for years, tried some last winter and again this winter on 2 strokes.With our small mowers I always ran em till they stopped.