Fuel Tanks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by niederhauser lawn care, Feb 25, 2005.

1. niederhauser lawn care

niederhauser lawn care LawnSite Member
    from Utah

In the past I have been using 5 gallon gas can to refuel. I want to find a way to get rid of the gas cans and find a portable fuel tank that I can put in the front of my trailors. Something that will hold 30 gallons or so. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can use or where I can find something like that please let me know.

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

This sounds like a bad idea.

3. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

With the price of gasoline as high as it is today, I dont think you want to invest in that idea. Unless you can get it at a cheaper price somewhere in bulk.

Jason

4. niederhauser lawn care

niederhauser lawn care LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Well weather or not im filling up 6 five gallon gas cans or one 30 gallon tank its the same price. Im just looking to be more efficient

5. Try a farm supply store.

6. Ky. Jones

Ky. Jones LawnSite Member

I think you also need to check with your local DOT office. They have laws that govern large quantity transport that are followed by heavy fines.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Alot of the tanks that are sold are for diesel fuel only and not DOT approved for gas

8. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

9. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Blitz fuel station (you can find it on the Northern Tool link) mounted to the front of my trailer. It only holds 10 gallons but it is good because it allows for gasoline storage and is designed to be mounted to landscape trailers. It will quickly pay for itself as it will eliminate at least one or two stops at gas stations each week.

10. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

The blitz that is gravity fed 10 gallons is DOT approved, the 30 gallon caddy is NOT. I have been looking for the same thing.