1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel transfer tank

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by akerr, May 21, 2006.

1. akerr

akerr LawnSite Member

I just got a dee zee transfer tank for my truck, but I am looking for some suggestions on attaching it to my truck. I have a tool box behind the cab that is fastened to the rails. The fuel tank is only 40 gallons and I want to be able to remove it if I have to so I don't want to permanently fasten it to the truck bed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks
    adam

2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Ratchet Strap? Maybe One of those 2 1/2 " Ones.

3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I would just bolt it to the bed rails or bed floor, how ever it's supposed to be mounted and grounded. Having a loose metal tank with fuel in the back of your truck is a fire hazard. There is just too much of a chance of building static electricity with a tank that's not bolted to the bed.

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

If (if) he is haulin' diesel in this tank, it is NOT combustable - no danger at all. However, if it is used for gasoline, DEFINATELY permanantly mount it.:usflag:

5. akerr

akerr LawnSite Member

The tank will carry diesel and it will have a connection on the under side of the truck so I can remove the tank if i need to. I don't want to bolt it into the bed, I was thinking I could have a welder fabricate something so it could be fastened to my tool box which is bolted to the bed.

6. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

correction, diesel is combustable, not flammable.