Fuel Usage ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Guys/Gals running a 20HP Kolher how much fuel are you using per hour? Just a ballpark figure. Also what octane are you using? Does the engine backfire when you shut it down? Thanks for your replies. Mowman
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It depends on if you have a Magnum Kohler or a Command Kohler. It also depends on the size of the deck that it is running and if it's a ZTR or a walk behind. The older Magnums used about 1.5 gallons an hour on a ZTR with a 60&quot; deck. The Command uses about 1.25 gallon an hour on the same setup. The Command never back fires, but the Magnum would load up with gas fumes in the muffler when I started it and when you hit the starter, it would sound like a shotgun going off. Since we have a fuel usage discussion going, on a DC with a 60&quot; deck, the Yanmar 26 HP diesel uses 3 quarts an hour in tall thick grass and now that the grass has slowed down, I'll have to check it again. It is less I know, but not sure how much less. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://elmlawnsite.com/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  3. Toro gear drive walk behinds using a sulky<br>w/ 18 hp command and 62&quot; deck =.8 gal/hr<br>w/ 16 hp mag and 52&quot; deck=1.0 gal/hr<br>w/ 12.5 hp ohv single and 44&quot; deck=.6 gal/hr