Full chisel?

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Guest, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

On larger saws with long bars cutting big wood you might want to try semi skip or even full skip chain. It is still full Chisel just 1/3 less teeth (semi skip) and 1/2 less (full skip). Works well with large wood

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ive heard great things about square ground chains. Never learned how to do it though. Would like to some day though:D

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to do it. You just use regular chain, right? and file it square?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes,

Digs in really well. Also when it comes down to sharpening a 36'' bar it is nice have skip.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Awesome.

I know the info was for flying... but thank you for the great information.

We can all benefit.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Does Stihl and Husky make it or do you have to get it from a company like Oregon?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks,

I will give them a call, they had a shop you could walk in jut north of e ok, a little over an hour but still close. Now they closed that went to a warehouse in Sacramento and have to order it all.

Do you like any of Stihl's chain or just feel that Oregon has a better square ground
    chain?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

That is crazy.

I remember seeing it and my old dealer in San Diego talk about it.

They had some old time loggers out of Oregon that would love it.

I never did ask about it, I will have to go to my local dealer and see what they have.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Is there any saw chains quicker than full chisel type?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Square Ground!