Full load of leaves.... what would the disposal fee be

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by dfor, Dec 28, 2011.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I'm lucky enough to be able to dump my leaves for free at a local farm. So I have no idea what it would cost to dump a full load of leaves from a full sized pick-up truck with racks that go up about 2 feet above the truck cab.

Customer is questioning my price for leaf removal and disposal.

Thanks.

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Our cost is 5 dollars a yard our leaf trucks can fit as much as 16 but we seldom pay for more then 10 yards in a dump.

3. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

I can either dump for free at the dump or when i do have to pay, its $25 for a pick up and $40 for a dump truck like a 3500 or an f450

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Leaves are free at most places locally. Brush is about $30 per ton.

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Leaves are 10.00 a yard and 18 a yard for grass.

6. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

most places around here have a flat fee for the season.... say $500-$1000 for the entire season with unlimited dumps. for everyone else its $18 per truck/trailer.

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I have 2 dumps I can go to one is free for leaves and chipped wood and the other is $25/ton to dump. I think I paid $80 to dump a load of wet leaves in there a few years ago.

8. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I have three dumpsites. One is a organic farm that takes my leaves for free as long as they have been run through my leaf loader. The second charges $9 per yard for leaves but you only pay for the first 10 yards. He also charges $5 ( I think) per yard for brush. The third place is a transfer station that does everything by the ton plus an entry fee. They have never charged me the entry fee but they can if they want. Then it is $20 per ton for leaves and $40 per ton for brush.

9. greenpoint

greenpoint LawnSite Member

Most places here charge by weight regardless of what it is (as long as its "yard waste" of course). Between $37.50 and $50.00 per ton

10. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

15 here for up to 12 yards