Full Maint Billing... what's on their Invoice?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MudslinginFX4, Mar 15, 2005.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm interested in seeing what detail everyone goes into on their full maintenance 12-month equal payment plan invoices. Do you simply put "full maint. for the month of may and a price or do you list out each and every service your preformed during that month and the date you did them on. Keep in mind you have a contract for these customers with the services understood that you are to do throughout the year, do do you still put the services on every invoice with a date?

For those that just put "full service" and a price on their invoices how to you keep track of what you did on that property if you ever have to go back and look? Do you file it elsewhere and just don't put it on the invoice?
  2. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I use Simply Accounting and print the invoice saying:

Item # 1003 Landscape maintenance, monthly contract. and then the price and service month.

As for knowing WHAT we did and WHEN...I have a maintenance schedule for routing, contract requirements, and then get the crew to fill in a brief outline of what they do each week in another column on the same sheet, this way they are actually going through what SHOULD be done at the property adn comparing it to what they HAVE done that day. If they have forgotten that little back area next to the neighbours, hopefully they will catch it at this point. ( in theory)

I also use a landscape maintenance monthly inspection report sheet. Basically just go around the property with it once a month and have a checklist for all that we maintain. Helps out for IPM alot! Spend this time personally checking the site, check the mowing heights, check the edging, irrigation heads, under shrubs to ensure no stalk coverage.

It works well for me.

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am using quickbooks this year so I will breakout each item, shrub trimming, mowing, fertilization so I can track how much I made from each type of job during the year from all types of customers.
  4. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

That includes your regular contracts?

So each month of the year you will be putting all the different services on each invoice?

How many contracts are you going to be doing this for?
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I use QBs and simply put "Lawn & Landscape Services" on each invoice.

I use a seperate spreadsheet to track and break down the individual services/prices/costs.
  6. studentlawn

studentlawn LawnSite Member

ECM... E - Mail at smginnis@studentlawnpro.com. I don't have an online proof becuase I get mine custom designed and proofed through NEBS but I will take a picture of my contracts for you and I think it will answer your question.

7. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sam, I sent that email to you. Thanks!