Full Mulch kit on Scag 48" WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomgolfs44, Sep 26, 2006.

1. tomgolfs44

tomgolfs44 LawnSite Member

Some background...I have been mowing my first full season (no back-up job) this year with a Toro 32" mowing 95% of our 90+ accounts weekly (the rest is with a snapper 21" comm). Trimmers, edger, and blowers are Echo and I am 100% into that dealer as he bumps everything when I need service on one of those machines. He sells Scag, Encore and Snapper mowers. A couple of weeks ago my Toro snapped a bar for the handle assembly and I reluctantly took it to the local Toro (toro, exmark, dixon) dealer to fix. My fav dealer talked me into a Scag 48 to take over some of the workload and handle some of the 1+ acre lots that I service. I received it two days later (four days before i got my Toro back! UGGGGGHHH!). My dealer knows that I have a mulch kit on my 32", so he told me he would set me up the same on the 48. Well, the first couple of clients I serviced with the 48 it left a trail of debris along the right side of the deck on every pass (cut was beautiful, except for the debris trail). I spent all of the time savings from my 32" blowing the turf terd trail out before we left. Anyway.....long story short....He had only installed the mulch plate and not the full mulch kit (said everyone had this set-up)....He promptly installed the full mulch kit for me yesterday and let me tell you, it is the finest "finished" cut you will ever see. I am STOKED!!!!!!! He said that is the first complete mulch kit he has ever installed on a 48" and I am finding that hard to believe!! The cut is unbelievable. Of course I will have a challenge if I take on overgrown/&wet lawns......but that is the exception and not the rule. I am sold o the Scag Deck! Sorry about the length...just that damn happy. :cool2: