Full or Part Time

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by LawnMastersTN, Jul 19, 2012.

?

Job

1. Full time Landscaper

54.5%
  2. Full time Landscaper + part time job

6.1%
  3. Full time job + part time Landscaper

27.3%
  4. Full time job + full time Landscaper

12.1%
  1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

I do the maintenance side of things (mowing, mulch, shrub pruning, leaves, snow) full time.

it's all I do.

2. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Full time maintenance gardener (8 to 5 Mon. thru Fri.). 90% of housework is done Saturday and Sunday, so it's almost like never having a day off.

3. GKLawn

GKLawn LawnSite Member

I'm a full time assistant golf course superintendent and more than part time with my lawn care business. Would like it more the other way.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. nparish

nparish LawnSite Member
    from KCMO

I work full time for a landscape Co. I've yet to start working for myself.

5. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

Full time baby, 50 hours a week April-September, work seems to never end this time of year especially with all the rains here in GA. Looking for to Winter '12-'13 Ha!

6. BlazinJake

BlazinJake LawnSite Member

Full time Patrol Deputy, Part time Police Officer (x2), and part time lawn care.

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Part time lawn care, part time fire fighter, part time paramedic, full time college student. I've been debating whether to do marine patrol for the Sheriff's department starting next year. I put in up to 80 hours some weeks between my jobs during the summer and up to about 40 or 50 hours a week during school.

8. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Part time night shift at the local school district doing maintenance on the buildings full time lawn care. Great way to get customers a large school district with over 500 employees slowly one by one they are all switching to use me for lawn care. Best form of advertisement and i get paid to do it. Getting my truck painted up tomorrow should draw even more attention to what i do.

9. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Full time Landscaper and a full time dad to a 1 year old................easier said than done! lol

10. ebassett

ebassett LawnSite Member

We primarily offer our turf service, although we diversify and offer other garden services through the rest of the year.