1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Full-page Color Ad thoughts, Like it?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by adam.neusbaum, Sep 18, 2013.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

2. PlantscapeSolutions

Sounds like you have a bunch of cheap SOB's for clients. Time to find better clients in more upscale areas where having a jungle lawn isn't the norm.

3. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

In the pinestraw section under the 9.75/Bale installed it says (Topical coverage...) guessing it should be typical

4. whippersnipper

whippersnipper LawnSite Member

Good point. Working on it for this coming season. any pointers how to get more high end customers so i can give the crappy ones the flick. coz at the moment i need them as they are my bread and butter.....

5. PlantscapeSolutions

Knowledge and expertise to stand out from the mow, blow, and go guys.

6. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I think you saw the new weld even as you described. Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Topical coverage meaning for every 4-5 regular bales you can lastly spread 1 colored bale over them for modest color. This is cheaper than buying all colored bales.
    Thanks & I'm sure I'll be explaining this for some time to come once the ad comes out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. rootytalbot

rootytalbot LawnSite Senior Member

Under 9.75 --- Topical coverage is 1 what - one yard. Did I read it incorrectly??

9. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Makes sense just never heard it put that way before but we don't do much if any pine straw here
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PlantscapeSolutions

I definitely don't the whole pine straw thing. I would think trimmings would tend to get imbedded in it and the blower would make it move around too much while trying to cleanup. Kind of like the crappy Corbitt cypress mulch.