1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Full page flyer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superpack84, Feb 11, 2007.

1. superpack84

superpack84 LawnSite Member

When you guys go out house to house passing out full page flyers, do you guys try to stick them on the door, or just put them right in front of the door on the ground?
  2. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

in my town it is illegal to leave flyers on peoples door steps, or anywhere they can blow away and cause litter
  3. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

put them in the newspaper box if they have one
  4. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I do full page flyers, fold them in half and if the house has a storm door, open it, put em in the door, and close the door to hold them up about door knob level. If no storm door, fold em in half, and stick them in the weather stripping between the regular door and the door frame.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Bad idea....bad idea. First of all, you don't go around and mess with ANYones doors. This is a bad thing to do, and a big no-no. This is why they have hangers, bags, etc.. Some people do NOT take too kindly to people rattling on their doors, and trying doors to see if they are unlocked...no matter WHO they are. To slide it in, is one thing. But to be trying to open doors, and seeing if they are not locked (storms), this is bad news. You come around my house and start pulling on doors and see what happens. I don't care WHAT you're trying to sell.
  6. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

lol..........good point runner....but at the same time there are probably guys who have something in their truck for you too, no offence, im just sayin
  7. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i dont see them getting to the truck and back... lol :hammerhead: