1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Full season packages..?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by superiorlc, Sep 12, 2008.

1. superiorlc

superiorlc LawnSite Member

I was considering on offering full season packages to my customers. I have around 110 residential accounts.This would consist of Lawn maintenance (26 cuts), snow removal(10-15 plows), fall OR spring clean-up, 1 time Mulching and bush trimming offered for a set price. The majority of them at least want 3 of the 5 services offered. I would want half of the total price up front then the remainder would be paid on a monthly basis for 12 months. Good idea or no?

2. playafoster565

playafoster565 LawnSite Member

i do that and i put all the indivisual prices togeter then divide by 1/2. they love it

3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

playa, please contact me when you go out of business, I may want to buy some of your equipment...

4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have one commercial account like that. The monthly fee gets them mowing, plowing, spring cleanup, fall cleanup, and 1 pruning. They love the convenience. They pay 12 months per year. I used worst case scenario for plowing.

I see no reason for them to pay 1/2 up front. Would you do it if you were the customer?

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Not unless the entire cost of the package is under$500 a year.

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

everything they want done added up into a one lump sum and divided by 12. If you ask for 1/2 down, that could be as much as $3000 depending on the person and property. Not alot of folks have that kind of change laying around. I do understand it gets you 1/2 of your money up front but at the same time you only get half divided by 12 which will be a much smaller check each month. I could understand a month advanced pay to get started but 6 months?

7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

The guy did not say he gets half down, he takes off half of the cost as a discount. Hence my sarcastic post.