1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Full service customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmasterswilson, Jul 30, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Been tossing this idea around. What do you guys include?

I aw thinking about regular mowing, weed control, fertilization, and 2-3 pruninga(with spot prunes in between). What about disease and grubs? These are extras for me now?

How do you sell this?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been thinking of offering something like that to my new/existing accounts next season, but I was thinking

Regular mowing
    Fert
    2-3 Pruning
    Mulching
    Flower Bed Maint.

A few of my accounts always say to me, they want their lawns greener, dont want to have to do any yard work at all, so even if a few bite it would be a plus!

I cant get my applicators license until I am 18 so I couldnt offer weed and grub.

Not to hijack thread here, but those of you who do offer this "Premium Package" are those customers contracted? The reason I say that is do you have them paying a flat monthly rate so that they dont pay you for each extra individual service when needed?

Subscribing to see what others say....

3. grassmasterswilson

from nc

Thinking the same thing it there are something's that I would offer that might not interest all customers.

In a perfect world I would do mowing, my Fert/weed program, grub treatment, disease treatment, pruning, bed cleanup and weeding. As for mulch/pine straw i could offer that depending on what type. I would then have everything and could spend detailed time at each property. Might even be able to offer a guarantee on some things.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Kkane97

Ok so you are thinking of a optional service type customer, you offer all the services and they choose the ones they want?

5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My full service stuff pays a monthly price over 7 months and includes clean ups , fert, weeding,pruning/shearing, lawn main and some I do the irrigation at.

I would love to be full service only as some companies are.

6. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Included in mine are:
    Fert
    Weed control
    Aeration ( no seed and fert, that's extra)
    Leaf cleanup as needed
    Prunning
    Fall cut backs ( liriope, pompadour grass, crepe myrtles)
    Bed maintenance

Extra
    Crabgrass post emergent
    Non broadleafs; sedges
    Grub/insect
    Fungus.

Does that help?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Kkane97

How did you figure your monthly price? Are many people shocked at how much it costs?

GMW- sorry to hijack again :waving:

8. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Mine includes mow, trim, edge, blow, fert/squirt and trimming shrubs if the customers want it. For some reason my customers like their shrubs over grown. I have ask several times this year and last if they wanted me to trim them and they always say they will get around to it, but they never do!

9. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just figure how many mowings , leaf clean ups etc price em normal and roll it up. Most people who do full service don't get shocked by 300-500.00 a month bills. The extras like mulch or plantings are just billed in addition to the monthly charge:drinkup:

10. grassmasterswilson

from nc

No I'd probably start with a basic level of mowing, leaf cleanup, pruning, and weed/fert. Although I'd like to include aeration, seeding, grub, disease, etc it might be better to charge it extra or add it in if the customer wants it.

I have every type of customer from per cuts, per application, prepay, monthly(mowing only, mowing and apps, and mowing, apps, seeding). I'd love to get everyone on the same plan, but i can't afford to lose business.

What I need to do is figure out some little things that might make a full service program more inviting. Maybe include some freebies(either free or bundled in the mow price) like pine cones/sticks picked up out of the beds, round up in the beds, etc.