Full service only?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Young Bros, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone in the north only offer full service programs like 4-6 applications? We do anywhere from 1-6 applications, but I have been getting sick of 2 application customers thinking there lawn should be perfect. I have been thinking about for lawns under an acre telling new customers they have to take at least 4 applications. Then we wouldn't be so busy in the spring & fall with partial customers.

Does anyone in the North not offer partial programs?
  2. jasontimm

jasontimm LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I will do whatever they want, however i will not guarantee any lawn that does not have at least 4 apps. I'm busy enough that i dont have to deal with the cheap fcks who only want two apps and expect a year around perfect lawn.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I give a short guarantee for less than 5 ap customers. No guarantee--or 30 days at most. Also I do the job when I am in the neighborhood--no special trips. But now retired.
  4. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I'll tell ya, you have to be out of your mind to do less than 4. I mean everything for nothing right?
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a bunch of customers on a two app. program (spring and fall) and have had no issues. They must be happy because I have yet to be cancelled. It does make of a very busy spring and fall, but i'll take it !!!
  6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lately I've been pushing at least a 4 app. program. I tell customers that they wiil see the best results with this program. I just sold 11 properties each on a 4 app. program. I really don't want to do any less than 4.
  7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll offer at least 4 steps but If they only want 2 I wont turn them down I even do just 1 Step
    Best job is my sport fields 8 treatments steps + 5 turf conditioning steps

I do what the customer wants or needs If he or she dont need it I wont push that step on them
  8. acculawnsystems

acculawnsystems LawnSite Member

When using AccuLawn systems software we are able to only offer a 5 step program for the customer to get an instant online quote. However we have the option to offer as many applications that we see fit when customizing our business to the AccuLawn System software. This simplifies the process for the customer and in 99 percent of the cases we do not have customers asking for a lesser amount of apps. It is a set format and since this system in online we get new contracts 24 hours a day for our 5 step program. We are testing the AccuLawn System for AccuLawn amd have been for 2 years but the software will be available to the rest of the lawn care companies in June of 2012. Go to www.acculawnsystems.com to learn more and to reserve your exclusive rights to use this product in zip codes in your area.