1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Full time or on the side?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by CuttingEdgeLawnGuys, Apr 25, 2013.

Do you cut grass Full time or on the side as Part time

Poll closed May 25, 2013.
  1. Full Time

21 vote(s)
  2. Part Time

41 vote(s)
  3. Umm...who said I cut grass at all?

0 vote(s)
  1. CuttingEdgeLawnGuys

CuttingEdgeLawnGuys LawnSite Member

yup, 10 days a month...AND THATS FULL TIME!! of course that's 24 hour shifts...Works out great...I can usually bet on 5-8 hours of sleep at night and I leave the station and start cutting grass right after crew change..well First i do a happy dance like this :cool2: knowing I slept 5-8 hours and got paid for it...then I start cutting grass lol
  2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

so you really work 30 days a month since you work 3 shifts each day you work. :laugh:
  3. CuttingEdgeLawnGuys

Yeah technically, get it all out of the way at once! If you call it "work". Probably the easiest job I could have ever imagined....Don't get me wrong, it has its moments... when you run a wreck in the pouring down rain with thunder and lightning..tornado warnings...and you have to stand out in those conditions for 45 minutes to an hour to get a 17 year old girl cut out of her car because she decided "LOL" was an important text to send at 12:30 in the morning.....I guess those calls make up for all the time I spend sleeping or watching TV lol.
  4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Fulltime. 52 weekly accounts and growing. Wife stays home with the kiddos.
  5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Full time since 1981 Its not a job its my life
    There more to it then just mowing
  6. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

part time for now full time job LP GAS service man:cool2:
  7. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Started part time
    went full time for 3 years
    back to part time now
    full time gig is maint mech at hospital (couldnt pass up)
  8. CuttingEdgeLawnGuys

So did you go part time again because you didnt care for full time...or because Maint Mech at the hospital was just too gravy of a job to pass up?
  9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i dunno but if i could get paid to sleep i would get out of lawncare altogether. :laugh:
  10. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Heard you on Michaels show in the morning the other day. sounds like he really appreciates your work.