Full time or on the side?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by CuttingEdgeLawnGuys, Apr 25, 2013.

?

Do you cut grass Full time or on the side as Part time

Poll closed May 25, 2013.
  1. Full Time

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Part Time

41 vote(s)
    66.1%
  3. Umm...who said I cut grass at all?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rklawn

rklawn LawnSite Member

Should say WAS doing it for free. Not any more!!! Daddy has to get PAID!!

2. alville

alville LawnSite Member

Part Time

Full Time job as a Programmer/Machinist 40 to 45 hrs a week.

3. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Now to really stir the pot. How many of those part timers do you hypothesize are legit (as in claimed in full with IRS). It takes a minimum amount of fixed expenses to run even the smallest operation and make it worthwhile.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

Same question for the full timers... how many are 100% honest with the IRS? I think we owe them that since they have been 100% honest with us.:rolleyes:

Part timer here, BTW
    And I do not own an Obama-phone.

6. fbm

fbm LawnSite Member

Part-time Lawn care

I work fulltime as a Compliance Officer for USDA

I am 100% in compliance with the IRS:usflag:

7. rklawn

rklawn LawnSite Member

Fully compliant with the IRS. I don't need any of those Shenanigans.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Same as me. Far as licensed and insured yes and I spend entirely too much money not to claim income. I have one client that usually pays cash that I don't claim just to cover my expenses on things I don't get receipts for. Lost of the stuff I buy online doesn't come with a receipt I also don't claim any house bills on my taxes. Not paying taxes is the same as stealing in the lords eyes. Reap what you sew. Hell after my expense in the first year I only had to pay tax on 4k any way. Put the equipment on the 5 year plan instead of just 1.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. HighMaintenanceLLC

HighMaintenanceLLC LawnSite Member

My partner and I are doing this part-time. I'm an administrator with a large, local radiology group, and she's the head groundskeeper for the athletics facilities and Auburn University at Montgomery.

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

if all i did was mow on the side i wouldn't pay the irs anything. it's not like you are making a ton of money mowing on the side. the irs doesn't even care unless you are making more than 10k a year doing something. mowing on the side you may or may not be making that much. if you are making more than that then you really aren't doing it on the side. you just have 2 jobs. :laugh: