1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Full Time or Part Time: Take a Second From Your Busy Schedule and Vote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Mar 4, 2005.

Are You Full Time Green Industry Business or Part Time ?

1. My Green Industry Venture is Full Time. I have No Other Jobs or Occupations.

67 vote(s)
  2. I Work Part Time or Full Time at Another Job & Also Run a Green Industry Business

50 vote(s)
  1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Please Vote & then Respond to the Thread so we can See Your True Colors.

Full Time

Part Time
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

full time, charging legitimate prices, living in a country where the pay phone will accept rocks before it accepts canadian coins.
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Bobby...Stocking Shelves in the Winter means You Have another Job...No Shame... But Play by the Rules.
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i stocked for exactly 16 hrs. i no longer stock. now do your poll and shut up
  5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

does plowing snow under the same name and business count as a second income?

this is my only job, 100% of my income...... i am full time. not always full time hours, cuz i'm efficient, by my full time venture just the same.
  6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Full time 100% sometimes I make a little $$$ goofing off in the shop building sprayers, trimmer racks or sulkies for buddies in the lawn biz' but that is just for fun. When you've been your own boss for 12 years it's hard to work for anyone else.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

why not do a search for the same poll you did last winter?
  8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I know our light in the loafers friend from across the border is gonna rag on me, but I still have my f/t job. I'll stick with it until I have enough biz to (somewhat) comfortably do it f/t. Maybe it'll be this year, maybe next. I will however, most definately be landscaping f/t eventually.
  9. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Part time lawn biz full time fireman but really its only part time we only work 24hrs on and 48 hrs off. Can't beat it
  10. rodzilla94

rodzilla94 LawnSite Member

work full time in construction work part time in lawn biz. love the lawn biz better :D