1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

full time vs part time

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Trevor8, Apr 25, 2010.

?

Who works full time and who works part time

1. Full Time

39.8%
  2. Part Time

60.2%
  1. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Who works full time and who works part time and what other job do you have if you are part time

2. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I worked full time through college and now this is my first year part time as i got a job with the sheriffs dept. as a 911 dispatcher. I miss being outside all day but like having a stable income thats year round and this just pads the bank account!

3. aznsquirel

aznsquirel LawnSite Member

I'm a firefighter fulltime

4. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Full time here, March - November. Usually find a winter job for December - February so I don't lose my mind from boredom. I think it was 2 winters ago I didn't work, wow that was a long 3 months, never again.

5. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

I just retired from my full time job, now we are going to go after as many lawns as I can. This is my fourth season so I have a base of twenty accounts to build on. I think I will find something in the winter months as well. Wish me luck. David

6. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Surprised at the number of part timers so far. . . interesting.

Full time for me. Had 3 part-time and 1 full-time employees last year; scaled back a little bit this year to where I am still working solo occasionally.

7. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

I reccomend finding a winter job for sure. It sucks still payin all your bills and not workin. It also sucks just sitting around and havin some boring days. I worked in a factory for a couple winters, I will never work inside again. Took a winter off. This winter I worked for a grain elevator, I loved it. Get alot of hours and not bad work. It does get mighty cold out loading trucks in snow/ice and climbing a 150ft ladder for 12hr days, haha.

8. stew6371

stew6371 LawnSite Member

After 4 years of consideration, I'm finally starting my business this year. I will be part time until the business can hold its own. I drive a truck locally for my fulltime job. Cant wait to be out of that dang truck, but that probably wont happen this year. Maybe next year. I used to be over the road which is why it has taken me this long to get started. Hard to mow a yard when you are 1000 miles away.

9. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

I'm full time march-december. I plow in the winter but in Columbus, OH winters are pretty unpredictable, I could be in the truck every day or get flat spots in the tires hahaha. Had to do something over the winter, they get very boring with nothing to do, I still make a habit of 2 or 3 trips to florida though.

10. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

full time and then somei love mowing since i was a kid,and mowed for my papaw.i also do property presevation so its a half and half.