full time vs part time

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Trevor8, Apr 25, 2010.

?

Who works full time and who works part time

1. Full Time

39.8%
  2. Part Time

60.2%
  1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i just graduated highschool so i guess this is a full time job for me

2. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

full time when the heat cools off and grass starts growing again. But I'm also in college so I work that into my schedule as well.

3. Total Grounds Maintenance

Total Grounds Maintenance LawnSite Member

This is question has a fine line.

What is full time? When your sole income is when your a LCO? Or when you put more than 32 hrs a week in?

What is part time? When you have another job? When you have two incomes? Less than 32 hrs a week?

I have two businesses that are seasonal. The first in landscape/hardscape and everything else in between. The other is from Nov - March which is taxidermy. I mount deer and other critters during the winter. Oh and I do a lot of hunting locally and out West. For ice management and plowing I bring back my guys for storms and such. I have to say I feel blessed that even in this bad economy I have thrived and grown. I just moved into a 1500 square ft warehouse with an office to use as my new shop and storage.

4. hotwater

hotwater LawnSite Member

Full time here. I try to do as much fishing as I can during the off season. I remember a few years back having one of my favorite fishing spots to myself while a rare southern snow was hitting the water. It was cold, but the crappie were biting so well.

5. jeslee16

jeslee16 LawnSite Member

Full time as Police Officer in Kentucky.

6. round about

round about LawnSite Member

Part Time and Full Time Government Contractor

7. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Full time here, pushing 20 yrs self-employed. Last few years when the season slows I have been working on building up my part time job, RyRo, Inc. A company I started based on my invention the Sprinkler Buddy. Here in FL, I can find things to do to keep myself busy pretty much year round. Live just far enough in North FL that I do get a little slow for about 3 months. I look a little more forward to the slow down each year as the years go by. lol

8. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

full time 40+ hours weekly for over 8 years now.