Fullfilling their contract?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawns Lawns, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Earlier this week i saw something i have not seen previously. A major Landscape company was out cutting a commercial property. This time of year in Maine the lawn does not require a cut. The lawn was long from no activity for about 3-4 weeks so i thought they might be doing a final cut.
    They were using Walker mowers and the Exmark that looks like a Walker. As i understand it is a collection system. I watched them for awhile and noticed that they really were not collecting much of anything. The trash was still there and the grass was cut at a height to high for any stripping or looks of a good cut. All you could see were the tire marks pushing over the lawn. I think they probably did not want to cut it down because it would of been alot of bagging. This just got me thinking if they were fulfilling their contract or billing out for services not really performed???:waving:

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a company that doesn't have there sh!t together or there employees don't care about doing quality work.

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

They might have been just bagging leaves & mowed over the whole thing to keep it at an even height.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Probably took the belt off the blowers so they didn't have to bag the stuff. We do that a lot in situations where it is wet or when customers aren't paying for leaf cleanups.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

They were probably just doing it b/c they could get away with it. I would do it in a heartbeat if I knew I could get away with it, and get paid.

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Not sure where in Maine you are, but a crew in Bangor was mowing about a week ago, maybe a week and a 1/2 ago. Definately didn't need mowing, and they weren't bagging either. I think this snow will really slow them down now.