Fully restored 1959 Bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, May 14, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Video courtesy of kimchiman1000, a fellow customer of Bobcat Country, shows a clip of an original 1959 Bobcat restored by one of the people that runs the joint.

I myself am not much of a Bobcat fan, but even I have to appreciate something of this historical heritage and dedication.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUiHR_baks#6GVc0u81P-c

I saw this one outside some years back, and it looked like hell, now it just sparkles.

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That is cool. No matter what brand, it started with that. Thanks for sharing.

3. Hummer

Hummer LawnSite Member

I just happened to see an identically restored one at the Bobcat store in Fenton, MO yesterday. It was amazing to look at how simple the construction was, but for the time it was built it was probably an engineering marvel.

4. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

That was one of the most brilliant ideals that is almost impossible to do with out today. They have evolved into something totally different but it still is the same concept. I compare them to a pickup truck. They are bigger and tougher today than the first one ever thought it could be and their is no way we could function with out them.