Separate names with a comma.
Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.
Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Jun 20, 2012.
Working on a system at a commercial property right now. Here are some pictures.
New pro C controller. This is my first controller that I have installed...how did I do?
This one was a fun one. To the left you have a el with a 1/2" bushing in it. This goes to a popup. Next you have the T that goes straight down to the mainline. This must 90 a foot or 2 down and then go under the pavement. After than you have the rest of the lateral that goes to a bunch of popups. Well the lawncare guys must have been hitting it because there was no head there and a 4" popup would have stuck up 2" over grade. I could not lower it because of how the t was situated. So we had to improvise
1 - You used Hunter
2 - Not hardwired
3 - Did not remove old anchors
So here is what we did. 1/2" cutoff from the threaded el to another threaded el. Then over to another el, straight down to another el, and then over to a threaded el. then up with a 1/2" cutoff to a rainbird/hunter head. We did the best with what we had. It was plenty low...they will never run over it again.
BTW....1804 w/ hunter screens/nozzles. Cheapest combo.
Yes the glue/primer was messy. This was one of those days it didnt matter
1. I replaced it with exactly what was there.
2. All I had to work with was an outlet. Was not about to try to hard wire it in anywhere. Plus at this location turning power off would have been difficult to say the least.
3. The old anchors were from a timer eons ago. Not from the one I took off.
Stick with mowing.
Thanks. Know my work is not as good as yours but I've only been in this for 3 months or so and im only 18. Trying my best!!!
How would you have done it better in the same amount of time and for the same cost with the materials on hand (several bins of fittings).