Fun job this week

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Working on a system at a commercial property right now. Here are some pictures.

2. Mikegyver

New pro C controller. This is my first controller that I have installed...how did I do?
    [​IMG]

3. Mikegyver

This one was a fun one. To the left you have a el with a 1/2" bushing in it. This goes to a popup. Next you have the T that goes straight down to the mainline. This must 90 a foot or 2 down and then go under the pavement. After than you have the rest of the lateral that goes to a bunch of popups. Well the lawncare guys must have been hitting it because there was no head there and a 4" popup would have stuck up 2" over grade. I could not lower it because of how the t was situated. So we had to improvise :)
    [​IMG]

4. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Not good.
    1 - You used Hunter
    2 - Not hardwired
    3 - Did not remove old anchors

5. Mikegyver

So here is what we did. 1/2" cutoff from the threaded el to another threaded el. Then over to another el, straight down to another el, and then over to a threaded el. then up with a 1/2" cutoff to a rainbird/hunter head. We did the best with what we had. It was plenty low...they will never run over it again.
    [​IMG]

6. Mikegyver

BTW....1804 w/ hunter screens/nozzles. Cheapest combo.
    Yes the glue/primer was messy. This was one of those days it didnt matter :)

7. Mikegyver

1. I replaced it with exactly what was there.
    2. All I had to work with was an outlet. Was not about to try to hard wire it in anywhere. Plus at this location turning power off would have been difficult to say the least.
    3. The old anchors were from a timer eons ago. Not from the one I took off.

8. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Stick with mowing.

9. Mikegyver

Thanks. Know my work is not as good as yours but I've only been in this for 3 months or so and im only 18. Trying my best!!!

10. Mikegyver

How would you have done it better in the same amount of time and for the same cost with the materials on hand (several bins of fittings).