Fun job this week

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch! And me pressed into duty on the hottest day of the year, too. Hope I don't melt. :drinkup:

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Cleaning your place and taking a shower for the first time in a month doesn't count. :laugh:

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

All our controllers are outside. We put a switch I between the breaker and the pump/controller so we can service them without having to access the breakers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

One other point is that if you just plug it into a GFCI outlet, more chance of the homeowner deciding to use the other side of the outlet to plug something into it. If they trip it, they go plug into another outlet continue on, forgetting they tripped it.

(Worked for an electrical contractor before, and was surprised how many people are clueless to a GCFI outlet)

-Greg

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

How hot did it get in your neck of the woods today?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Simple every time anybody sees water runnign when they think it shouldn't they pull the plug. And they never call the irrigator and then when he comes for monthly check the grass is all dead. Lock em up as tight as possible. And I don't consider it safe or water proof unless there is a locked cover on the socket.

7. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't really experience clients pulling the plug on there irrigation. If they do, it is trying to unsuccessfully remedy a valve stuck open which they need a professional for anyway. I do experience the gfi tripping and the client realizing his grass his dead.

I wish all esp clocks had a "save contractor default" like the esp smart.

Locked socket? I don't think i have seen one of those.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i was jvst funnin about. i didnt think you'd go all to pieces and go to drinking the good stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The guy had a Tee for going under the side walk and another Tee tight against it for the head. Swing joints are important.

010.jpg

10. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

is that a rigid swing joint?