Fun job this week

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I plan on keeping swing joints on the truck from now on.

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

GFI outlet tripped again this weekend at the commercial job I keep having problems with. Would you recommend them getting a gfi circuit? The only negative is that if it trips I might not have access during non business hours.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

That is a Hunter 6" swing joint, or one of its knock offs.

After ruling out a bad GFCI device, I would attempt to find out why it is tripping before I did anything.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If an air conditioner disconnect box could be installed by the electrician on a non-GFCI circuit, you could have access to disconnect controller power, to allow you to hardwire the controller, and you could padlock the disconnect box.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is pretty much how the code is inour city. There has to be power disconnect within site of controller. And we lock both the disconnect and the controller. If they wasn't locked the water would be off more than on at these resturants.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

that makes way too much sense my friend

7. muddywater

Way to go old man! You made a snappy comment!

Yeah they have had the electricians out 3 times before and it still trips, burns out, or flips the breaker inside. Guess I will have to deal with the electrician directly to figure this mess out. You would think they would have corrected the problem after 3 visits.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe try a competent electrician.

9. muddywater

Yeah really.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I see it as the ideal division of labor, and a means to make a system independent of any GFCI.