Fun Snowy Day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Apr 27, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I had a blast mowing today. I was mowing in 28 degree weather with snow flurries. One customer actually asked me, "Isn't it too cold to be mowing?"

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Started out decently warm today, but as the day progressed, it became colder and colder. Finally had to quit around 4:00 when it started hailing like crazy, then turning to rain. Here's a pic, that's actually hail.

hail427.jpg

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I cut today in the southern end of my route, no snow, but cold out.

4. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

I was laying down mulch today and I couldn't even see what I was spreading because the Steam was just pouring out as it hailed and snowed on me!!! It's almost May right??

5. EvandSeby

EvandSeby LawnSite Member

On the opposite side of the spectrum.....It has hit 100 for the last two days here in AZ.

6. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Nice lawn you got there!

7. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Us Canucks are use to this. in Fact, I have a salt spreader on the back of my walker :p cut-n-salt service (double bill too )

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I was mowing in the snow today too. It was all I could do from turning around and going home because it was soo damned cold. Don't like the weather in Michigan? Wait a minute, it'll change. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 70 and sunny here.

:D

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you mean about it being cold out. After every lawn I mowed I asked myself," Ok, are you ready to pack it up for the day or keep going?" I wore a winter hat and gloves the entire day.

10. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I was putting in a new lawn and the snow was coming down pretty hard. About 20 minutes away they got 3+". I gotta wait for those accounts in that area to dry up so I can mow them