Fun with Manifolds

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Had to replace 4 crap (S) HIT valves today, took some pictures with my phone, sorry about the quality.

[​IMG]

The original manifold. I absolutely hate it when people lay out the valves this way in the box.

[​IMG]

After cutting the POS out.

[​IMG]

New manifold glued in, There's no way I would have rebuilt it in the same style as the original.

[​IMG]

Lateral lines all glued in. Total time to do this was under 30 minutes.

Lets see some manifolds people.

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty decent for 30 min. Are they just hanging in the air, or is there support for all that somewhere?

3. Dirty Water

They are sitting on the dirt. Its hard to tell in the picture.

4. Dirty Water

Here is another manifold I rebuilt the same day at the same job:

Original manifold, another HIT valve that was leaking, seems someone else had replaced the 2nd HIT valve with a rainbird DVF. Nice and cramped there. They wanted the HIT valve replaced, as well as two zones added to add some drip and replumb a zone that got partially destroyed during a remodel.

[​IMG]

All Finished:

[​IMG]

5. Dirty Water

Sheesh, almost 100 views and nobody else wants to post manifold pictures? It must be the heat.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Ohh, just one manifold picture, if it makes you feel better.
    [​IMG]

7. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I havent had any manifold rebuilds in a while. Been working on new installs lately.

Thats a nice 1" PVC cross you got there dirty, i love um. Not many people utilize them!!

8. Dirty Water

Being that they cost about 4x what a regular fitting costs, I don't use them all that much, but there is talk about expanding this system more, so I used it as a mainline stubout from the manifold....Plus I was running out of 1" tee's :laugh:

Nice manifold Boots, Sometime can you take a picture of your 8 valves per box crazy manifold before backfill? I want to see the lateral line sides.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

No you don't. It would make your brain hurt. :p

10. Dirty Water

Who need's organization :)

What you should do is get multicolered poly, then you could color code your zones for easy identification :laugh: