1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fun with my blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Was out today cutting and aerating some lawns - yeah I know it was a sunday, but got too much to do to take a day off right now! -

Customers kids - 4 total - were riding their push scooters in the driveways as I am blowing off the mess I made...

I point the blower on them briefly to get them to move the heck outta the way and they must like it as they starter bothering me " Mister, Blow Me...! Mister Blow me!!!! " So I turned around and gave the kids a face full of all my Stihl BR-600 had! Watching those kids have fun gave me a smile and a idea...

I told them to get on their scooters and to get going and that I would push them with air from my blower, so one at a time as they started to move I blasted them in the back with the blower and sure enough it got them going pretty darn fast down the sidewalk! Of course these were small kids, maybe 6-7 years old, but it was lots of fun.

Sometimes when kids are walking by as I am putting up the blower, I blow the blowers air into my mouth, which makes my mouth get all big and weird looking, kids fall over laughing at that sight!
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

since ive googled my customers, they all come running after me yelling that too! :laugh:
  3. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

LOL Raven, get your mind outta the gutter!!!!!

I've always been afraid to point a blower at somebody unless it's at a distance.. that fan ever came apart, it's gonna be bad enough having it strapped to my back, much less having it pointed at someone!

I did see a video clip a while back of some guy using a blower and these kids would open their mouths,... and good grief, I never realized somebody's face could stretch to those proportions! I was hilarious!:laugh:
  4. Raven386

from CT

5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

My dealer told me that the BR 600 blowers were recalled when they first came out because a fan broke apart on one of them. I know it is rare, but it happens. Hate to be a party pooper on this one, but that's dangerous to point that at the kids. I would have been angry if I were the kid's parents.
  6. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

Raven, if I move onto your mowing route will you google me too? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

My 100lb German Shepperd enjoys the occasional blast of 205 mph wind to the mouth. lol
  8. Raven386

from CT

you have to be in good standings. if you dont pay. no googling for you!! i might have to start charging... just the ones that dont know they can google themselves... but to answer your question. absolutley! :laugh: :laugh:
  9. Raven386

from CT

i think i found my niche is this business! gonna have to add Googling to all my business cards! i need a slogan now... "10-E Lawn Care, we cut and BLOW :usflag:"
  10. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Oh God! Someone please make it stop before I bust a gut!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: