Fung Shoui

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by TheHotShotKid, Apr 4, 2006.

1. TheHotShotKid

TheHotShotKid LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Ayone using this ancient chinese art in their landscape lighting designs. I bet a savy entrepenuer could make a bundle by specializing in this. Whattdya think?:usflag:

2. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Here's the rule:

You gotta be able to spell it before you can offer it to clients.

Feng shui

3. TheHotShotKid

TheHotShotKid LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

You say tomatoe I say tomato

4. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

And I thought I was being so-ooo PC not referencing the other imaginative spellings.....

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Feng Shui would call for rounded light fixtures..nothing pointed or sharp..flowing lines of lights that curve towards the front entry and extra bright lighting at the entry area.The front door is very important and directing good Chi towards it.And not obstructing it.Good Chi(energy)loves light.

6. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Sheshovel,

Interesting, I'd love to hear more on this. While I'm no expert, I would imagine that various regions of the landscape would impact various life areas. Especially interesting would be the Feng Shui of lighting outdoor recreational areas such as decks, pools and the like.

I have noticed on various job sites that certain lighting designs give a disquieting feeling. I often get this when a large backyard has distant illuminated trees and bushes. It feels like my awareness is pulled too far from me, like my chi is directed away from a certain comfort zone.

7. sheshovel

Yes Steve and it could be actually sucking the good chi away from you and allowing bad chi to reach you.The life areas you speak of are inportant yes..but they are mostly dependant upon what year in which the owner and main money maker of the household were born .There are many books on Feng Shui in the garden.

8. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Could you recommend a good book?

9. sheshovel

Yes "The Complete Illustrated Guide to FENG SHUI"
    by Lillian Too...and
    "Feng Shui in the Garden"by I don't remember who..try Non-Fiction section of Amazon.com and enter these titles in the search box.

10. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Thanks, I'll check them out.