Fungicide help please

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kirk1701, Jun 5, 2010.

1. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Have a look see here.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=3619443&postcount=21
    Heritage performed miracles and getting ready to put an app of Clearys on this weekend. I should then be done till fall I'll put another app of clearys on and then another in the spring before the humidity sets in.

See how it goes from there :drinkup:

I've been mowing as high as I can, not because of the BPatch but because of the 90-95 degree temps. I'm mowing this friday and with the temps a bit cooler I'm coming back down to 3.75" if that don't look good then 4"

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Ack... that looks like one of my problem lawns i'm being ripped a new butt on since I posted on the pesticide page with pics. Glad I'm not alone.

Any one try Consan Triple Action 20?

3. kirk1701

I just updated another thread with a new pic yesterday.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3619443#post3619443

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i used eagle on manylawns and mixed it with protect so i had both types of fungicide working. seems to be on progress though, i think heritage would have worked better, but i do not want to build resistance for diseases if you know what i mean. i mix it up and go different chemistry all the time when i can, i am due for a change in barricade in a year or two, but no sure what i would want to use and do, as i dont really want to go thru the list of them i have already used. i want to use somthing very different.

5. kirk1701

Have you tried Clearys?
    I just got a gallon for my next two preventive applications. I'm putting one down this week which I hope to last me till fall when I put the second application down.

Next spring I'm thinking about T-Storm from Lesco

6. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Let me know how the cleary's works.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i usew clearys on shrubs and trees, i use spectro 90 which is 3336 and i think mancozeb. cant remember off hand but it is a combo fungicide. protect is a clearys product which is zinc and magnesium i think, works great as a contact

8. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

3336g works as a contact and a systemic. Be carefull though...resistance builds very quickly..however it can be sprayed on just about anything without worry...2 shots before rotating. Chlorotholonil is awesome...only a contact though..works instantly. The downside to Chlorotholonil is that it's very easy to burn or stunt when applyed on a hot day or at full rate in full sun....and may last as short as a week. Propiconizole is very good, but its only a systemic....must get into the plant before taking affect.

9. kirk1701

Thanks for the heads up mdlwn1, upper 90's here right now and I was going to apply this evening or tomorrow evening so guess I'd better hold off on that.

I have to admit thought, the Heritage did a miracle, OMG!!!! Lawn is lush deep green like I've never seen before :cool2:

Well worth the money

10. kirk1701

mdlwn1
    Think I misunderstood your post???

Clearys won't burn or stun Chlorotholonil will; right?

Besides, even though its hot here I'll be applying this evening not in the sun.