Fungicide mixes

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Triple R, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

Do you add anything to your fungicide mix in order to get better results and help turf recover? Do you mix more than one fungicide for a broader spectrum control? If so what do you mix?

Once I see some replies I'll post the mix I've used with excellent results, but I am looking for different mixes to avoid disease resistance build up.

With the temps we've had in July I am seeing diseased Fescue lawns just about everywhere and will be doing fungicide apps very soon. The problem I have is that the diseases I am seeing aren't all the same and I can't identify some of them so I would like to mix a batch that I can treat all Fescue lawns with. I need to get results since I bill at $35/k for fungicide apps.
  2. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Are you looking to treat residential or commercial properties? It m,akes a difference on which fungucides you can use.
  3. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

I'll be treating some commercial but mostly residential.
  4. slt40

slt40 LawnSite Member
    from nc

Chem lawn treats here in NC all day long at 12$ per k. I charge 12 if I use iron, $10 for strait heritage at the .2 rate. Our cost is right around $5k.
  5. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

I take it your going at the light rate .2 p/k?
  6. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

Well if you're spraying you could add some chelated iron or some potassium phosphite. Bayer just came out with their new fungicide ARMADA. It contains trifloxystobin and triadimefon, or Compass and Bayleton to everyone else. Excellent mix if you ask me. I really like myclobutanil, usually doesn't need any mixing (w/ another fungicide), but is expensive. I also like propaconizole and thiophanate-methyl (Banner Maxx / Spectator, and T-Storm / Scotts lawn fungicide). They are good long term systemics to use. Mix with daconil/manicure (chlorothalanil) or Mancozeb/Fore for rapid control.