fungicide prices

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Jan 20, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

making a new price list. what are you charging to apply granular fungicide per thousand sq ft. one price for preventative, and one price for curative. thanks

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Bobby. I offered the service one year (promoted it) and found it was a lot of effort for the payoff. I used liquid but with the number of applications to get control (up to 4 at times) and the cost, I only had one take it (on a customer base of 200). Now granted this was Burlington, IA and probably NOT the highest community with disposable income. I had taken over a business that had believed more nitrogen was better and this is what caused some of my fungus problems. I would get pricing for the major fungicides to handle the big ones and be prepared with the info to quote. I bet most will hope it goes away before too much damage occures after they see the price. Its kinda like grub control. They never want it till its too late and then its expensive to deal with.

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

i'm kickin around $15 per thousand, for each app. i have maybe 5 that need preventative, and two that always request it for thier dollar spot and red thread. i'm expanding this year, so i'll see what develops

4. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I charge 1 1/2 times regular app price myself. My main fungi pords are Heritage and Prostar. These run around $5 per K ft2...

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bobby

No need for Fungicide. Just apply extra heavy Nitrogen and water just after dark.

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

thanks ric, i'll try it.

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bobby

A 60 second reply and close to 7,000 posts??? Wow Glad your not bored.

8. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I cant wait to meet Ric in person someday.
    We will be coming to Disney within 3 years or so...
    Oh yea, around $15/1000

9. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Yeah...Ric needs his own booth at the GIE in November. You'd be worth the trip, sir.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Thank You Green Dreams

But I only give Proprietary Advice like the above to my good buddies, like Bobby. BTW Bobby add Sahara to you tank mix and you won't have any weeds.