Fungicide question?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by buckhigh, Aug 2, 2012.

1. buckhigh

buckhigh LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have any experience treating Ascochyta Leaf Blight on turf with Pillar-G? Would it just be a waste of money?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Right on. Don't treat Ascochyta your wasting your money. Water the lawn deeply or count on rainfall the grass will come back.

4. buckhigh

Thanks for the link. The problem is, we haven't seen any substantial amount of rain for quite some time. And the rinky-dink sprinkler they've been running hasn't been too effective in treating it. This past week, they had an irrigation system installed so I'm hoping the turf will bounce back by the end of the month. Most websites I've read discourages using a fungicide to treat it, and I trust the people on Lawnsite before them. Wasn't sure if the almighty Pillar would be a quicker, more economical fix than paying for city water for the next 2 months?

OSU pathology recommended Pillar to help prevent the new grass from possibly being infected...

5. buckhigh

Thank. Will do...

6. leeson1776

leeson1776 LawnSite Member

I've had surprising success treating Ascochyta with Agri-mycin. I bet Pillar would give about the same result. Worth a shot, see what happens.