Fungicides anyone?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bx24, Jul 19, 2009.

1. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

Okay I have been using EAGLE ® 20EW for years for lawn issues (brown spot etc) and was wondering is there anything better?

Example, I was looking into Armada (for less cost) per1K along with Banner Maxx..

Any comments on all three? Should I just keep using Eagle 20ew?

Thanks

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

The strobins, Heritage, Compass, and Insignia are excellent on red thread--but don't work much on dollarspot. Also if you do the same area repeatedly--you should rotate fungicides to avoid buildup of resitance. Use a different group or mode of action.

I think Eagle, Bayleton, and Banner are DMI group fungicides. Maybe you should rotate to Chipco or one of the others.

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I wish I could use Armada... it's restricted, but I agree with Riggs, maybe two apps with one fungicide, then change up the AI. Fungus has been real bad here, an old timer told me worst since 1978.

Fungicides IMO are not real effective, much better used as a preventative, and next year, preventative fungicide apps will be part of my program... if the customer won't pay, I will drop them, period. They want nice lawns, and want to pay nothing. I've dropped two already over this. Typical.... they won't pay fot the app, but want to blame me for a brown lawn. No more....

4. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Restricted!? Must be a New York thing. I use Armada 50 regularly and love the results that come with it.

5. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

man, something major is going on in those properties if you need a prev. program for brown patch and dollar spot. Inter- seed some new varieties into the lawns this fall and be done with it.

6. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

rotation is key! down here alot of fungicides have lost residential labels.
    eagle and t-storm are good rotations for residential.
    other turf you always have manicure(daconil) and many others

7. envirolawn&pest

envirolawn&pest LawnSite Member

ratation is key just like insectisides you have to change the chemistry. Bug Guy are you getting or did you get control of brown patch with t-storm? we used it for two years when i was still working for MLPC and it didnt work very well. I went back to prostar last fall and it is still the best for brown patch, also tried armada and it didn"t have very good results. It did work great on viburnums with downey mildew.

8. rwnail

rwnail LawnSite Member

Disarm, period. Solves everything!

9. greenskeeper79

greenskeeper79 LawnSite Member
    from PA

dollar spot means you need a better fert program if you're mowing higher than 1/2"

10. tombo82685

tombo82685 LawnSite Senior Member

At the golf course i work at we use, tartan for brown patch control. For dollar spot we use emerald, chipco, and chlorathalonil.