1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fungus killing avocado trees in South Florida

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by jvanvliet, May 3, 2012.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

2. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

There IS always something new out there on the horizon. Never a dull moment.
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yep always something new and it seems like it is always in the South East Florida Miami Dade and Broward counties. Not a couple of months ago we Had the Ficus White Fly in the same area etc etc. Citrus canker and Greening had big impact on Door yard citrus in that area a few years back. It appears to enter the international ports in that area and spread from there. I still have a few older Customers who have Segos that were saved from scale etc. That started in the Miami area. etc etc

You can call my little town Blue Hair country and I will agree. But because we don't have the heavy traffic of the East Coast, we don't have the same problems. By the time the Fungus reaches my town the U of F or the USDA will have a treatment protocol.

BTW the Orlando areas has the same high traffic of international tourists etc. As a result Bed Bugs are big business there. My area being that small Blue Hair community doesn't have any where near the Problem with Bed Bugs of the larger tourist areas. Which I am very happy NOT to deal with.