Funniest thing i saw today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kc2006, May 18, 2004.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Saw the funniest thing today, this guy that lives down the road from me has a lawn company but he keeps his equipmetn somewhere else, well i see him today on another street on a yard that would take a 2 man crew 15 mins to do, he had 2 guys on 36" homeowner mowers, i've seen them before but can't remember the name but they're junk, 2 guys with pushmowers, and a guy trimming. lol a 5 person crew! It was too great seeing this, i got there when they pulled up and i watched them do the yard and it still took them over 10mins to do.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

So he has 5 guys working for him? I dont get the funny part? Junky equipment?

3. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

is the funny part that it took over 10 min. with 5 guys?
  4. kc2006

the fact that it took so long with so many guys and just the look of it all. I was with my friend and i said i wish i had a camera, they were walking/riding and getting in each others way, actually it would be the stupidest thing i've seen in awhile but it was funny at the same time. Plus they had 3 of the guys ride in the bed of the truck and 2 in the cab. Just a funny situation (i hope no one on here has a 5 man crew for a tiny yard like this :D )
  5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i guess that i think of it, it would be humorous to see. Two man crews are efficient.

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds pretty comical to me. Its funny when you see stuff like that but usually I dont have a camera on me either.
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Maybe he's got equipment problems and just trying to keep his account cut for the time being?

Just a thought Idunno.................
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i dont know of any 36" homeowner mower?????

if you find one let me know!
  9. kc2006

toro makes a 38" or something, thats what one guy was using, the other was some blue thing, i remember seeing one but didnt look at the name because its just one big plastic shell and looked cheaply built. Also exmark is making their homeowner z's now, ariens make a homeowner one, theres quite a few.
  10. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

50 minutes per cut........$9.25