1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Funniest thing I've heard all week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HARRIS Property Management, Mar 5, 2011.

1. HARRIS Property Management

HARRIS Property Management LawnSite Member

We roll in to a neighborhood yesterday to do a little landscaping at a ladys house that manages one of the apartment complexes we contract for. There is a fella cutting grass at the house next door....I dont know, maybe mid 40's. We all get out of the truck, I wave at him. He doesnt wave back...just stares. I wave again and he says 'who do you work for?'. I walk over to him and point to the lettering on the uniform and he ask if that is my company. I told him it is. He says with a firm voice... 'Well this is my neighborhood! I'm on the HOA board and these are my customers!' It was so cute, I just had to let it go and told him it looked like he was doing a wonderful job. We laughed about that just about the entire afternoon.

2. 2ndNature

2ndNature LawnSite Member

I would flyer every house in the neighborhood

3. HARRIS Property Management

HARRIS Property Management LawnSite Member

Funny! I figured I would just let him have his moment.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Is that something you'd do for spite or because you need more work?

5. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

...........both! lol

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Wrong answer Don. Karma is a biotch.

7. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i would've said i'm not here to steal your customers but i'm here to cut the yards of customers that aren't yours

8. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

There was NO need for the neighbor to act like that....He is lucky the guy did not tell him off....I try to be nice to every one, but that does not give them the wright to talk badly to me either. My :) can change to :realmad: feel fast if provoked LOL.. :laugh:

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

haha its best to just be polite and not pay attention to those types of people

10. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

You should ask what he charges and then undercut all his yards for being a Richard Cranium.LOL