Funny call. funny call.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Apr 2, 2008.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm down at the shop and just checked messages. Call from 1:00 today was a guy wanting an estimate for installing a small system. Wants us there today at 2:00. :dizzy: How do people think we can just drop what we are doing and bee-line right over for what they want. Like we are sitting around waiting for their call. Oh yeah, I am sitting in the office doing nothing. but still..... I put those off out of spite. I know it sounds petty, but I do.

He doesn't know yet that we don't install. I'll give him your name Tom.
  2. bribrius

bribrius LawnSite Member

if your hanging out on lawnsite and sitting in the office doing much of nothing then i guess they were right to assume you could be right over there. And if you really have that much time on your hands then you may want to consider install instead of handing away business.
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Mmmmm... no on the installs. it's not like I'm doing nothing right now. I'm returning calls and scheduling for all three of us. Yes I have time on my hands right NOW, while it is cold this week. But we are already booked for next week, week after, and so on. And I do have a repair job in 30 minutes, 2 blocks from shop.

How come there is no smiley face icon with a tongue sticking out? :laugh: this will have to do.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

:p What, you need a roadmap?
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I forgot to hit the "More" button. I knew it was somewhere.

I was looking for one that was giving more of a raspberry though. This will do.
  6. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll fix him right up, April 21st 4pm earliest time slot...........:laugh:
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Once I talked with the guy, I didn't think you'd want the referral...... just told him no, and don't know anybody to refer.
  8. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely agree
  9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

And YOU are?

Weiner! My blood be still thin from the badlands of AZ, though ive been out working all week, in the snow and wind at times. Man up.:drinkup:

Give him my numeros, Ill boost the price by a couple K's and take us all out for beers and bloody red meat.
  10. What's the weather like in Southern Maine right now? Do you live on the coast? I hear it is gorgeous there.