Funny or Not...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grandview (2006), Sep 15, 2006.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

2. Funny in the sense that TG showed up and treated even though the article states that there was no agreement to treat.

Not funny in the sense that a pesticidophobe had her lawn treated with pesticide. It makes every lawn care company look bad.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

more ironic then funny.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

ironic but i still dont get why the spray guys ended up at a lawn with aereation and sprinkler contracts

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Typical tru-brown tactics. If you call to ask them about anything, breathe their name, or even so much as LOOK their way they will be out to dump on your lawn. They do this stuff to senior citizens all the time. They sell more insectides, grub control, fungicide aps, and unnecessary liming to these people just y "slamming" them. The term "slamming" refering to just putting on an unwelcome or unauthorized service without permission - much like the phone companies were known to do with long distance plans for so long before legislature was passed to stop it.
    There are whole websites dedicated to this - telling about their unfair and deviant tactics to bilk people out of money. Many senior citizens don't know any better, and just pay the bill - whatever bill they get hung on their door. They have been known to do ALOT of places without any authorization and just bill the people.
    Here's another example...I gained a new customer by them moving into a house that I previously took care of. They signed up for full service...Mowing, fert., the whole shot. One day, I am going by and there is a tru-brown truck there. I phoned the customer (after he got home from work) and asked him about it. He said he never gave them any authorization to do this place. he used to have them at his old residence, and when he moved, they just tagged along with NO authorization. I same afternoon, I called trubrown and argued with the manager. I asked him what was put down on the lawn so I would know what to deal with. He said he didn't know and wasn't able to tell until the tech got in. When I told him no sos was left, he said they weren't required to leave one. I said Oh REALLY! So, you guys are exempt from the customer notification law? At that point he said they'll look into it. needless to say, he called me back later and said they are done...no more service at that address.
    Anyway, these are just examples of some of the crooked methods they use.

6. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

What happens when their uncertified techs are caught out spraying?
    When I worked for them in Memphis, uncertified techs were caught all the time, but the very next day they were out running routes like it was nothing.
    Anyone know what is supposed to happen. Fines/jail/slap on wrist?