1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

funny pricing

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ripple, May 3, 2006.

1. ripple

ripple LawnSite Member

So I finnally decided to get another exmark....So I go to my dealer and he just so happens to have the Unit I want....The new triton 60" with the 27 hp engine. I told him I wanted it. He quoted me a price of 8700.00. So I go back in a week later to pick up the unit and he says he sold it. But he has another one that "just came in" but its 400.00 more.
    Well this is bad. He said it was an EXMARK special that just ended.
    Any suggestions. 400 bucks is a big price difference for basically the same mower.
    Side note;
    I have purchased from exmark in 2006.
    Used 44" lazer with 185 hours....
    New Metro 21...
  2. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

I would tell him to sell you the mower or you are leaving. You will also take all your business elsewhere. He has some play in the price of the mower. Have you priced it at other dealers? Ask for the sales manager!
  3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

i have a dealer like that around here. Wait thats the funny thing eXmark left him. bad dealer go to another...
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

There is always going to be a dealer that will be a d#$% to you. Find another one, there are plenty of them out there!
  5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Oh yeah, you 're getting eXmark roller dicing on price...trust me, it is everywhere. Also, I have heard that if dealer undercut price against other dealers too low frequently and there are complaint against him, that dealer will likely loose their dealership with eXmark. I am not sure about this but that had happened to one of dealers here last year....may be other reasons too? I know for sure that eXmark doesn't want their price to be lower or equal to other brands.
  6. ripple

ripple LawnSite Member

I just want a good 60" mower and a good price...
  7. Jroche

Jroche LawnSite Member

Don't feel too bad, the same thing happened to me. One price over the phone and by the time I got there in person, same machine with a much higher price. No explanations.

Just walked out and found another dealer.
  8. gunpowder

gunpowder LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

This may have more to do with the distributer. I do bid pricing and had one bid quite a bit under the other two one year cause he wanted my business.

One of the other dealers complained to their distributer which got back to my dealer I purchased from who mentioned it to me.

Hey if a dealer wants to throw in a free pushmower, undercut another dealer to get into a new area, give it away for half price, etc. I say let them. They can't do it every time or they will go out of business. And it still means more exmarks on the turf which should make Exmark happy.
  9. ripple

ripple LawnSite Member

Yea but its the LCO that buys the units and they should at least acknowledge that!
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Did you get the 27/60 z yet or are you still trying to find one?