1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Funny story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VLM, Feb 12, 2001.

1. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

Since most of us are still on down time I thought it would be fun to share some funny stories. The one that sticks out in my mind was of a mailman and a dog about 4 yrs ago.

These people who lived near an account of mine had a huge Shepherd mix that they kept in the back yard chained to a stake. This dog was huge and looked pretty ferocious. One day as I was leaving the job I heard the dog barking but thought nothing of it. As I was driving down the street, the mailman came running out towards me, fumbling for his mace, with old blue hot on his heals, chain and stake clinking behind him. You should have seen the look of terror in his face as the beast persued him. I opened my truck door and he jumped in without a word and slammed it shut just as the dog was about to get him. It was just like a scene out of a movie. I drove him back to his truck and as he told me he needed to find a new line of work.

You all probably have better. Let's hear 'em.
  2. Hunter Landscape

Hunter Landscape LawnSite Member

i like the smell of cut grass too, but:....

how about the smell of mowed birds. so far this season i have mowed a robin or two, some frogs, and yes, even a dove!!!

for a cleaner finished look, my grasshopper bagged all of the above!!!!

should i have charged extra????? lol!