Funny Story

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by integrityman, May 5, 2008.

1. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I was out aerating in a residential area. I was approached by what appeard to be a neighbor from the house next door. She inquired about aeration and explained that she needed to get that done at her house which was a short distance away. Turns out the house was in a fairly exclusive area and property was worth a mil plus. I tell her I would do the work and qoute a price. While there, her husband comes outside and introduces self then leaves the house. I proceed to start the job. About halfway through, the lady comes outside and asks what happens to the little plugs. I jokingingly explain to her that the homeowner is responsible for the cleanup.... The pained look on her face was priceless. I keep going and a little while later I see her on her hands and knees picking up the plugs and depositing them into a 5 gallon bucket. I stop and tell her the plugs will break down in a couple of weeks and not to worry about them.... Turns out this lady tells me she teaches at a local state university. Holds a doctorate in education.... Things get more interesting when, a little while later, she invites me in for some food and a glass of wine.....I noted her change of clothing from a pair of casual pants to athletic shorts and a tank top.....I politely declined and went on to the next job.....Although I did get her email as she wanted to know what other services I perform......

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You have a good sense of humor, here's one happened time ago:

Before you laugh too hard, bless her heart, this was in a not so affluent section of town.
    But it was funny.

Anyhow...
    I was applying some weed killer around the house as the daughter inquired about this and myself, concerned with the pooch in the house, calmly explained there needed to be a 24 hour time lapse before the animal was let out around the treated weeds. She looked puzzled about this so I went on to explain that veterinarians ask that pets such as dogs and cats be kept inside the house for 24 hours with the exception of potty calls after such a treatment, and she continued to look at me quizzically... So I had to say it point blank and I said "I don't know if this stuff will kill you, but I know it will make you very sick, the biggest thing you want to make sure of is don't eat the treated stuff." <--- btw I meant the DOG (they had a dog) lol
    She then says to me "Oh NO sir we don't eat Weeds!"
    To which I calmly and non-chalantly replied: "Good, good."
    And went on about things.

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Funny stories guys:laugh:

4. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

now there's a confidence builder..... walked away all manly didnt ya?:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter: thinkin' to yourself... "I could have her'" Always a good feeling.

5. Gardens55

Gardens55 LawnSite Member

At very reasonable rates? ;):laugh:

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, no doubt! You will have that good feeling for a few days now!!