Funny Story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by monkey9197, Mar 16, 2004.

1. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

so we where handing out flyers and around here its illegal to put in the mail box but no one cares i even on the same block as the post man while handing them out numerous times. and my partner puts one in someones mailbox maybe door crack and he comes out in his boxers saying dont put them in the mailbox its illegal we are like sorry didnt know. turns out he calls us the next day for bush removals and ended tipping us $100 more than we originally discussed. probably wrong forum but im new and wanted to share. i know its illegal to hand out things in mailboxes but on long island here there are 4 or 5 companies on my block that cut grass and none are even licensed or insured and been doing it for years. and i read other people saying houses are littered with flyers i only recieved one ad so far this year.all your towns seem real strict. this is an upper class community but no one bothers anyone for some reasoni guess i lucky

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

lucky man, lucky man...but good story

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

shoplifting is illegal too, but i'm not going to go out shoplifting just because i don't think i will get caught.

4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

monkey were are u located im in long island also.

5. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

plainview nassau county

shopliftin and puttin flyers in mail boxes although both illegal should never be compared to eachother. looks like theres a lot of up tight people that are members ;)

6. LongIslander

LongIslander LawnSite Member

I am in Levittown here! I started my business last year by putting flyers in mailboxes in Woodbury. Got a great response from people. I only put them in neighborhoods that have the mailboxes at the curb!
    Good story Monkey!
    marg
    ps, Ron where are you located?

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

always go the speed limit too?

8. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

as a matter of fact, i do. and once you develop the habit of driving safely, you would be astonished at how much more relaxing driving is. i am serious about that, when i was younger, i used to speed, and i used to cuss and whatnot at the other driver's who i felt were slowing me down. not so anymore, i just cruise along.

and if i ever find out one of our foremen is speeding, he won't be driving for us. my motto is fast on your feet, slow in the street.

boy, this really has nothing to do with the original post. sorry guys.

:(