1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Funny Way to pick up new customer

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Eho, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

I m 19 so US Army recruiters have called and still call me. Today an army recruiter called my house to talk to me to see if I was interested in the military. I explain to him that I'm going to school and have a lawn care service. He starts asking me a lot of mowing questions and we spend a good time talking bout my biz. Long story short, he gets my cell number and says he ll call me because he wants an estimate. Kinda funny how I ended up " recruiting" him instead of the way it was supposed to be.
    EHO

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Wow!!! Selling to a salesman! Nice touch. Sounds like you have a future in this.

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

salesmen are the easiest to sell to as long as you have some salesmanship skills.

They like the game.

4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

Ha i had the same thing happen to me, Marines called me up and i ended up taking care of his yard for him too.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

He's still selling YOU. I hope you both win.

6. kwelch

kwelch LawnSite Member

Salesmen never quit. He probably wants to get you in person to try and get you to sign on the dotted line.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Pack your toothbrush LOL... :D

8. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Thats right! You will have a buzz cut and wake up wake up to a screaming Drill Sgt. before you relized what happened

9. richmadmax

richmadmax LawnSite Member

I just hope he don't call you at 0400 "TO GET UP, YOU LAZY LAWN BOY. YOUR IN THE ARMY NOW ".... Don't fell a sleep.