funny

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ray904, Dec 3, 2012.

1. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We had someone get a hold of my american express # .
    $11,500 dollars later i got my statement at 1:30 am when i opened it i almost fell off my office chair getting to the telephone!
    Amex was great about it and reversed all charges but they had no idea what happened.
    Apparently someone in mexico was having a damn good time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

U's know's we's ain't the smartest. Anybody can's start a lawn maintenance buz,

3. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I'd hate to work for you! I can see it now. A worker trips and falls and cuts his hand open and is bleeding all over the place and you tell him, get back to work soldier, we don't have time for your little azz to be bleeding. Now drop down and give me 20. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: j/k

4. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Theft / Robbery rarely happens the way we foresee it.
    It didn't happen to me for many years, because I had all the angles covered.
    Or so I thought, and like yourself I grew confident.

When it happened, the thief or thieves helped themselves.
    I didn't even see it coming, the money was gone before I knew it happened.

No, I know, that can't happen to you.
    But when it does and they get away with a lot, they'll be back for more.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, I don't think I have all my bases covered. I just live in a fairly safe area, I work in a really nice part of town and the all things considered the risk is very low. But if it happens, that's fine. I'll go to the bank on Monday and pull out some more.

But your comment about them coming back for more doesn't make sense. What? They're going to look for me around town? Follow me all over and jump me again??? Come to my house and rob me a second time???? Now we're getting really ridiculous. :rolleyes:

6. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

You mean they came back and robbed you again?

7. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Jim I made my last post before reading your last post. Looks like we were thinking the same thing. :laugh:

8. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Smart. I rarely carry cash.

9. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I am sorry that this redneck would not be up to your standards.

10. Chris Feenan

Chris Feenan LawnSite Member

Try three grammatical errors in ONE sentence - Walking out of a grocery store, I hear a young woman say "She say she mad atchoo" That takes skill man.

A lot of guys on here just type a response out quickly and don't worry about spelling, grammar, etc. They must have work to do, I guess ? Go easy, I am more interested in their input than I am in their grammar.

BTW - Ridiculous shows up often here as rediculous. If you want to insult someone, you probably ought to use spell check. Or, just don't call people rediculous in the first place ?

Alright, one more. There refers to a place, as opposed to their which refers to something that someone else possesses. That one shows up here more than any other grammatical error. But I taught public high school for many years and can tell you that some of the smartest kids I ever met are rediculous spellers and tell me to kiss there butt when I correct them.

Regarding cash. I live in the capital of New York state. I don't know anyone who has been robbed on the street, and I am 56 years old. Like others have said, if cash makes my life easier, I am not going to worry about something that is very unlikely to happen. If it happens, I'll have a good story to tell, and the lost cash will be a minor inconvenience. Anyway, most street thieves are desperate drug addicts. It's a stupid crime to commit - they don't know if I am a cop, a black belt. carrying a gun or willing to fight to the death for my money. If they are that stupid, and that desperate, they are probably pretty easy to fight off.